SNCB is Belgium’s national rail company that covers national and international trips in Europe. Through SNCB, we offer InterCity, Thalys, and Eurostar tickets.
Changes are possible, depending on the train and fare type you book. If your ticket allows for changes, please contact us so that we can assist with this.
- InterCity: Tickets cannot be changed but they are valid all day for the selected route on IC trains.
- Semi-Flex: Tickets can be modified before departure subject to a 40-50€ fee and any price difference.
- Full-Flex: Tickets can be changed before departure without fees, but any price difference will need to be paid.
- Non-Flex: The ticket cannot be modified.
- Semi-Flex: Changes possible, minus a 15€ fee and any price difference.
If your fare allows for cancellations, you can do so through Your Bookings.
- Non-Flex: Tickets cannot be cancelled but they are valid all day for the selected route on IC trains.
- Semi-Flex: Cancellations are possible up until the day before departure, for a 5 EUR fee.
- Full-Flex: Full ticket refunds are possible up until the day before departure.
- Semi-Flex: Tickets cannot be cancelled or refunded.
- Full-Flex: The ticket can be cancelled free of charge before and up to two months after departure if unused.
- Non-Flex: The ticket cannot be cancelled.
- Semi-Flex: Can be cancelled before departure, minus a 50% fee.
- Full-Flex: The ticket can be cancelled without fees before departure, and minus a 50% cancellation fee up until 2 months after departure.
Wanting to know if your ticket can be used by someone else? Unfortunately this is not possible with SNCB bookings. Every ticket specifies the name of the passenger and this person will need to travel with ID.
Are you looking for a particular class of service? Like most trains, SNCB offer first and second class seating, and in the case of Eurostar and Thalys there is also Business class:
- Second class: Standard seating, depending upon availability.
- First class: More space, more comfortable seating, in a quieter atmosphere.
- Business / Premium class: Meal service, reclining seats, lounge access.
Please note that for InterCity trains, as tickets are valid for more than one train, a seat cannot be guaranteed even when booking a first class ticket.
If you are caught in that unpleasant scenario where your train is delayed or cancelled, you are of course entitled to claim compensation.
Please contact us and we will be more than happy to contact SNCB on your behalf to try and get a resolution for you.
Infant: Under 4 years old. They travel for free when sitting on an adult's lap.
Child: 4-11 years old.
Wondering if your ticket will have a seat reserved for you? For InterCity tickets, as they are valid for the entire day, there are no seat reservations with your ticket.
For Eurostar and Thalys, seat reservations are automatically allocated at the time of booking subject to availability. Groups of passengers in the same booking will be seated as close together as possible.
SNCB ickets can be used on mobile devices and do not need to be printed, unless stated otherwise in your confirmation email. You can also download your ticket on the Omio app should you wish.
If you want to print your ticket, you can of course do so before arriving at the station and travel with your paper ticket.
For passengers with disabilities, tickets should be booked directly with SNCB. Passengers with reduced mobility and their companions can book a space for a wheelchair on board the train, with no extra fee.
Worried you might have packed too much for your trip? It shouldn’t be a problem with SNCB tickets. In general you will be allowed 2 pieces of main luggage plus an additional smaller hand luggage.
If you are travelling on a Eurostar train with a Business Premier ticket, you can take an additional piece of main luggage.