- Non-Flex (Domestic Belgium): The non-flex fare offers the cheapest prices and will be your best option if you're looking to travel with minimal cost. Please note that once the ticket is booked, there is no cancellation possible.
- Semi-Flex (IC international): If you wish to cancel your ticket, it is possible to do so until the day before departure. There will be a cancellation fee of 5€ per ticket. As tickets are valid for an entire day, it is not possible to cancel on the day of travel.
- Full Flex (IC international): If this is the fare of your ticket, you can have a full refund until the day before departure if you cancel your ticket. Keep in mind that, as tickets are valid for an entire day, it is not possible to cancel on the day of travel.
Please note that we must follow the conditions set by SNCB for their tickets, and unfortunately cannot override them.
If you are having trouble with the cancellation process or are unsure of your ticket fare type, please get in touch with us and we will be happy to assist you further.
Wanting to know if your ticket can be used by someone else? Every IC ticket specifies the name of the passenger. On an InterCity ticket, the passenger's name cannot be changed and this person must be travelling in order for the ticket to be valid.
Don't forget to bring a valid ID when travelling, you might be required to show identification for the ticket.
- Second class: Standard seating, depending upon availability.
- First class: offers more space in a quieter atmosphere, as well as a more comfortable seat if there is availability.
Please note that as tickets are valid for more than one train, a seat cannot be guaranteed, even when booking a first class ticket.
Tip: When the train is on the platform, you can spot first class coaches by the yellow band and the '1' on the train.
If you are caught in that unpleasant scenario where your train is delayed or cancelled, you are of course entitled to claim compensation.
You can submit a compensation form online with SNCB here
Once the form is submitted, SNCB Customer Relations department will be in contact with you when your request is processed.
If your train was delayed and you used the ticket, select on the form ‘I travelled and my train was delayed’.
If your train was delayed or cancelled and you didn’t use the ticket, make sure to select the options ‘I did not travel’ and ‘Train cancelled or delayed’.
When booking train tickets for children, we know it can sometimes be complex to navigate the different age categories depending on the train company.
For domestic journeys in Belgium as well as international journey, these are the age categories regarding IC tickets:
- Infant = under 4 years old: Infants can travel for free and don't need a ticket if they're sitting on an adult's lap.
- Child = between 4 and 11 years old: children can travel for free.
- Adult (on Omio) = from 12 years old on.
There is no need to print your tickets if you're travelling on an InterCity (IC) train. You can simply download your mobile ticket on your Omio app, or show your e-ticket attached to your Omio confirmation e-mail.
If you want to print your ticket, you can of course do so before arriving at the station and travel with your paper ticket.
For passengers with disabilities, tickets should be booked directly with SNCB. Passengers with reduced mobility and their companions can book a space for a wheelchair on board the train, with no extra fee.
To book your ticket, you can call SNCB at the number +32 2 432 38 01 (available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on week days and from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on week-ends and bank holidays) or at one of the SNCB international ticket offices here.
Worried you might have packed too much for your trip? It's not a problem with InterCity (IC) tickets. Your are allowed a maximum of 3 items for each passenger, as long as they weigh less than 30 kg, and smaller items need to be stowed in the overhead space or under the seat.
Please ensure your luggage is not obstructing the aisle or inconveniencing other passengers. The luggage must also should fit in the overhead racks or storage compartments that are located at each end of the train.
Items such as foldable bikes, Strollers, music instruments and sport equipment will be considered as one of the luggage items you can bring on board. You can travel with them at no extra cost.
You can bring your pet with your on a InterCity (IC) train. Please take a look at their pet policies below to ensure you have all the correct information before travelling:
Small pets, cats and dogs, which can be carried in a closed basket or carrier with dimensions 55 x 30 x 30 cm free of charge.
Larger dogs, on a leash, muzzled or sitting on their owner's lap, must travel with a pet ticket. These tickets can be purchased at the counter in the train station.
Guide dogs and assistance dogs travel for free on all IC trains.
It is possible to travel with a bicycle on most Intercity (IC) trains on the Belgian domestic network.
You can travel with a foldable bike on any IC train, as it is considered as a piece of regular luggage.
If your bike is not foldable, don't worry, you can still bring it on board with you. You will need to book a separate for your bike at the counter in the station.
Going for a day excursion in Belgium on your bike? You can choose to book a day pass for your bike and enjoy a day of travel in the train with your bike.
If you're going on a one-way trip and bringing your bike with you, you can also purchase a single-journey bike ticket.
When travelling with a bike, aim for trains outside of busy hours to enjoy a more relaxing journey on the train.