Needing to change your ticket? Firstly you'll need to check that the fare on your ticket allows for you to change it. All Italo tickets do allow for changes, but not all of them can be changed close to the time or date of departure.
If you have already made a booking, have a quick look at your Italo ticket and locate the fare type, then just match it with the policies below:
- Low Cost: These tickets can be modified once, at least 3 days before departure, subject to a 50% fee and the eventual price difference with the new ticket.
- Economy: These tickets can be modified until 3 minutes before departure, subject to a 20% fee and the eventual price difference with the new ticket.
- Flex: These tickets can be modified until 3 minutes before departure, subject to the eventual price difference with the new ticket.
- Day return ticket: These tickets can be modified until 3 minutes before departure, subject to the eventual price difference with the new ticket. This fare is available to book up to the day before departure.
So now, what can actually be changed on a ticket? The departure date and/or time, and in most cases the class (ambience) and the passenger name can be modified. The itinerary and seat assignment cannot be amended.
In order to make a change you can either do so through managing your booking directly on the Italo website, or alternatively you can get in touch with us and we will be able to do this for you as well.
Please note that we must follow the conditions set by Italo for their tickets and are unfortunately not able to override them.
Perhaps the above changes do not suit your needs, or maybe you would just rather cancel the booking? If so, please refer to your ticket fare type under "Can I cancel my ticket?" below.
- Low Cost: Sadly these tickets are non-refundable.
- Economy: These tickets can be cancelled before departure, subject to a 40% fee.
- Flex: These tickets can be cancelled before departure, subject to a 20% fee.
- Day return ticket: Unfortunately these tickets are non-refundable.
Please keep in mind that we can only follow the policies laid out by Italo for their tickets and we are unable to override them.
If you are having any issues locating your fare type or with the cancellation process, don't hesitate to get in touch with us so that we can assist you.
Yes the ticket will be personal to you. The passenger's name that you enter during the booking process will be printed on your Italo ticket.
If for some reason the name is wrong or the passenger has changed, don't panic. For most tickets you will be able to change the name on the Italo website or by giving us a call.
- Smart: 'Affordable, comfortable, convenient': Reclining leather seats, Free Wi-Fi Internet.
- Comfort: 'Affordability with extra space': Reclining leather seats, Free Wi-Fi Internet, Extra space.
- Prima: 'Maximum relax, unique service': Reclining leather seats, Free Wi-Fi Internet, Extra space, Fast Track, Welcome service, Newspapers and magazines.
- Club executive: 'Relax in comfort and privacy': Extra-wide armchairs, Free Wi-Fi Internet, Fast Track, Dedicated catering, Lounge Italo Club Free Access, Personal screen.
- Infant = Under 36 months old: An infant can travel for free but no seat will be reserved. To get a seat reservation, a child ticket will have to be booked instead.
- Child = 0 - 13 years old.
- Adult = 14+.
There is no need to worry about seat reservations with Italo tickets, as seats are assigned automatically based on availability and are included in the ticket price.
Groups of passengers in the same booking will be seated as close together as possible.
There is also the option to add seating preferences during the booking process. These are taken into account as much as possible, but the choices cannot be guaranteed. Unfortunately changing seat reservations on Italo tickets is impossible.
Are you in that all too familiar panic where your printer has packed in before you were able to print your tickets? Or perhaps you are looking for a slightly more environmentally friendly way to travel with a ticket? Italo has this covered.
It is not at all necessary to have a printed version of their tickets. You can simply show the PDF on a mobile device. The ticket inspector will only be checking the ticket code.
Italo ensures a non-discriminatory transportation of passengers with disabilities. They state that the following are all catered for:
- Wheelchair users
- Those that have difficulties walking
- The blind or visually impaired
- Deaf or hearing impaired
- Those with mental disabilities
If a passenger is not self-sufficient, it is required that they are accompanied by an adult that is able to provide the necessary assistance.
Passengers in wheelchairs are guaranteed adapted seats on all Italo trains. The tickets and seat reservation can exclusively be made through Pronto Italo.
The wheelchair must not exceed 70 cm in width, 120 cm in depth and 109 cm of height as well as a weight of 200 kg (passenger and luggage included).
For all other requests for assistance at the station, Italo kindly ask that you contact Pronto Italo, even if the ticket you booked was through Omio (formerly GoEuro). Passengers with confirmed assistance must be at the station at least 30 minutes before departure.
Wondering how much luggage you can carry onto an Italo train? That depends entirely on how strong you are, seeing as Italo has no luggage weight restrictions!
The only restriction they have is in regards to the size of the luggage, but this only applies to those with tickets in SMART class (ambience): for these passengers no luggage measuring over 75x53x30 cm is allowed on board.
Italo are more than happy for you to travel with your pet. They do have some regulations that need to be followed, but they are pretty straight forward (as outlined below):
Small dogs (under 10 kg), cats and other pets are accepted on Italo trains, provided they are transported in suitable travel containers (one per traveler) and kept in the luggage spaces next to the passenger's seat.
Animals travelling with passengers from abroad need to have the relevant ID and passports as set by EC regulation no. 998/2003, where applicable. All dogs must travel with their registration certificate.
Dogs over 10 kg are only allowed on board provided they are kept on a leash and are muzzled when getting on and off the train, or whenever requested by the Italo staff. The cost is 50€ and the service needs to be booked at least 2 hours before departure, calling Pronto Italo. It can only be accommodated for Flex fare tickets in Smart, Comfort and Prima classes (ambiences).
Guide dogs assisting visually impaired passengers travel free of charge, no weight or size limitation is applied.
No matter the class (ambience) or fare you have on your ticket, the bike policies are the same for all passengers on Italo trains:
Bikes are considered as standard luggage and should therefore be folded and stored in the relevant compartments on the train. Fully assembled bikes cannot be transported.