Date, time, class and name changes are possible, depending on the fare type you book. If your fare allows for changes, please contact us so that we can assist with this.
- Promo: Tickets cannot be changed.
- Low Cost: These tickets can be modified once, at least 3 days before departure, subject to a 50% fee.
- Economy: These tickets can be modified up to 3 minutes before departure, subject to a 20% fee.
- Flex: Tickets can be modified without fees up to 3 minutes before departure.
- Day return ticket: Tickets can be modified without fees up to 3 minutes before departure.
Life is chaotic and we understand that sometimes plans change. Therefore, if your fare allows for cancellations, you can do so through Your Bookings.
- Promo: Tickets cannot be cancelled.
- Low Cost: Tickets cannot be cancelled.
- Economy: Tickets can be cancelled before departure, subject to a 40% fee.
- Flex: These tickets can be cancelled before departure, subject to a 20% fee.
- Day return ticket: Unfortunately these tickets cannot be cancelled.
The passenger's name is printed on your Italo ticket. If for some reason the name is wrong or the passenger has changed, most tickets do allow name changes. You can do this on the Italo website or by contacting us.
- Smart: Reclining leather seats, free WiFi.
- Comfort: Reclining leather seats, free WiFi, extra space.
- Prima: Reclining leather seats, free WiFi, extra space, fast track, welcome service, newspapers and magazines.
- Club executive: Extra-wide armchairs, free WiFi, fast Track, dedicated catering, access to the Italo club lounge, personal screen.
Unfortunately accidents can happen, and unexpected disruptions do sometimes occur.
If your train is delayed or cancelled, you are of course entitled to request compensation with Italo. You can make a claim online by clicking here.
- Infant: Under 36 months. Infants travel for free without seat reservations. To reserve a seat, a child ticket will need to be purchased instead.
- Child: 0-13 years old.
- Adult: 14+
Seat reservations are automatically allocated at the time of booking subject to availability. Groups of passengers in the same booking will be seated as close together as possible.
Please note that changing seat reservations is not possible.
It is not necessary to have a printed version of your tickets. You can simply show the PDF ticket on your mobile device.
For assistance at the station, Italo requests that you contact Pronto Italo, even if the ticket you booked was through Omio. Passengers requiring assistance must be at the station at least 30 minutes before departure.
If you can carry it, you can probably bring it. Luggage should not obstruct aisles or inconvenience passengers, and should fit in the overhead racks or storage spaces.
The only restriction concerns the size of the luggage if you booked with Smart class. Luggage should not exceed the following dimensions: 75x53x30 cm.
Yes! However there are some conditions so please read the information on the Italo website carefully before you travel.
Guide dogs assisting visually impaired passengers travel free of charge.
Folded bikes are considered as standard luggage and should therefore be folded and stored in the relevant compartments on the train. Fully assembled bikes cannot be transported.