Changes to the date, time, class (ambience) and the passenger name are dependent on the fare type selected. You can easily check your options by checking your ticket against the fare types below. It is not possible to amend the itinerary or seat assignment.
- Low Cost: These tickets can be modified once, at least 3 days before departure, subject to a 50% fee and the eventual price difference with the new ticket.
- Economy: These tickets can be modified until 3 minutes before departure, subject to a 20% fee and the eventual price difference with the new ticket.
- Flex: These tickets can be modified until 3 minutes before departure, subject to the eventual price difference with the new ticket.
- Day return ticket: These tickets can be modified until 3 minutes before departure, subject to the eventual price difference with the new ticket. This fare is available to book up to the day before departure.
Looking to cancel your ticket rather than change it? Please refer to your ticket type under "Can I cancel my ticket?" below for more information.
Life is chaotic and we understand that sometimes plans change. If the fare type of your ticket allows for cancellation, you can easily do this through your bookings page.
Whilst not all Italo rail tickets are refundable, you can easily check your options by looking at the fare types below:
- Low Cost: Sadly these tickets are non-refundable.
- Economy: These tickets can be cancelled before departure, subject to a 40% fee.
- Flex: These tickets can be cancelled before departure, subject to a 20% fee.
- Day return ticket: Unfortunately these tickets are non-refundable.
If you are encountering an issue with the cancellation process, we would be more than happy to assist you. Please contact us via phone or live chat. Alternatively you can also send a message using our web form.
The passenger's name that you enter during the booking process will be printed on your Italo ticket. If for some reason the name is wrong or the passenger has changed, don't panic. For most tickets you will be able to change the name on the Italo website or by giving us a call.
- Smart: 'Affordable, comfortable, convenient,' reclining leather seats, free WiFi.
- Comfort: 'Affordability with extra space,' reclining leather seats, free WiFi, extra space.
- Prima: 'Maximum relax, unique service,' reclining leather seats, free WiFi, extra space, fast track, welcome service, newspapers and magazines.
- Club executive: 'Relax in comfort and privacy,' extra-wide armchairs, free WiFi, fast Track, dedicated catering, access to the Italo club lounge, personal screen.
Unfortunately accidents can happen, and unexpected delays and cancellations do sometimes occur.
If your train is delayed, or your original service was cancelled you are of course entitled to submit a compensation claim with Italo. You can make a claim online by clicking here.
Not sure which ticket to book? With Italo, there are three age brackets which determine the price of your ticket:
- Infant: under 36 months old. An infant can travel for free but no seat will be reserved. To get a seat reservation, a child ticket will have to be purchased instead.
- Child: 0-13 years old.
- Adult: 14+
Seat reservations are automatically allocated at the time of booking subject to availability. Groups of passengers in the same booking will be seated as close together as possible.
There is an option to choose your seating preference when booking and this is taken into account when possible, but these choices cannot be guaranteed. Please note that changing seat reservations is not possible.
It is not necessary to have a printed version of your tickets. You can simply show the PDF ticket on your mobile device.
Italo assures the non-discriminatory transportation of all passengers.
For assistance at the station, Italo request that you contact Pronto Italo, even if the ticket you booked was through Omio. Passengers requiring assistance must be at the station at least 30 minutes before departure.
Passengers with wheelchairs are guaranteed adapted seats on all Italo trains. Regrettably it is not currently possible to book the required services through Omio, therefore we would recommend that you place the entire booking through Pronto Italo.
Wheelchairs must not exceed 70 cm in width, 120 cm in depth and 109 cm in height. The total weight (passenger and luggage included) should not exceed 200 kg.
If you can carry it, you can probably bring it. Luggage should not obstruct the aisles or inconvenience other passengers, and should fit in the overhead racks or storage compartments that are located at each end of the train.
The only restriction concerns the size of the luggage should be be travelling with a SMART ticket. Luggage should not exceed the following dimensions: 75x53x30 cm.
Yes! However there are some conditions so please read the following carefully before you travel.
Small dogs (under 10 kg), cats and other pets are accepted on Italo trains (one per passenger), provided they are transported in a suitable travel container and kept in the luggage spaces next to the passenger's seat.
Animals travelling with passengers from abroad need to have their relevant ID and passports as set by EC regulation no. 998/2003.
Dogs over 10 kg are allowed on board provided they are kept on a leash and are muzzled when boarding or alighting, or when requested by Italo staff. The service must be booked at least 2 hours before departure by calling Pronto Italo. Please note that this service is only possible for customers in possession of flex-fare tickets in Smart, Comfort and Prima classes.
Guide dogs assisting visually impaired passengers travel free of charge.
Bikes are considered as standard luggage and should therefore be folded and stored in the relevant compartments on the train. Fully assembled bikes cannot be transported.